[texhax] Problems with Cyrillic fonts...Help!

Demyan Prokopchuk demyan.p at usask.ca
Sat Apr 26 05:48:33 CEST 2008

I've been struggling with a problem for a couple of days now, and I
can't seem to figure it out.  I am trying to type a LaTeX document in
using English and Ukrainian fonts (Mac OS Leopard), but the Ukrainian
font does not want to typeset properly.  I am using the Ukrainian
keyboard layout provided by Apple to type out what I want in
TeXShop.....but the letters don't seem to be translated properly in
TeXShop.  This is one of many things that
I have tried:

\documentclass[12pt, ukrainian, english]{article}
\usepackage[ukrainian, english]{babel}

%When typing Ukrainian here, Ukrainian letters look fine.
%When typeset, they appear as question marks in the pdf file.
%Furthermore, if I close this document and re-open it, all Ukrainian
letters in here
%appear as question marks, just like in the pdf.

Help, I've practically tried everything!

Demyan Prokopchuk
University of Saskatchewan
demyan.p at usask.ca