[texhax] a desired command

scholtz at usc.edu scholtz at usc.edu
Wed Apr 23 03:10:04 CEST 2008

I'm an avid TeX Shop user and currently writing papers and a book in
LaTeX.  I've run into one problem that I cannot completely solve.

I have a table that is much too wide for a page.  I'd like to rotate
it 90 degrees CCW so that it will fit on a page all by itself, within
a much larger standard document.  I suppose that I could create two
documents with different page shapes and splice them together
afterwards (make the unusual typeset page a graphic, rotate it, and
then insert it with \includegraphics), but then table, and equation
numbers, etc., within the rotated material are a problem.  Is there
any way to rotate one table (a page) within a TeX document?   Ideally
I would like a \tablerotate{  } command that would float the table to
the next free page, take care of changes in the page shape and turn
everything 90 degrees.  I assume that a similar \figurerotate{ }
command with similar characteristics would be useful too.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Dr. Robert Scholtz
Fred H. Cole Professor of Engineering