[texhax] tabular

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Apr 9 10:51:52 CEST 2008

On  8 Apr, 2008, at 20:25, Donald Arseneau wrote:

[...]

> I think tabulary is better than changing column widths, but it sounds
> like it isn't what you seek.

I usually load various packages to help me with tables, and then I
decide which one to use, depending on each table:

\usepackage{tabularx}
\usepackage{tabulary}
[...]
\usepackage{multirow}
\usepackage{array}
\usepackage{dcolumn}
[...]

> I recall "supertabular" had the behavior that the column widths
> were set independently for each page of its multi-page tables.

I dare to insist in my recommendation of the excellent TUG India
tutorials:

http://www.tug.org.in/tutorials.html

Chapters 6-8 (just a few pages long) cover tables.

Best,

Axel