[texhax] Reverse numbering Bibliography

Sonny DucSon.Pham at curtin.edu.au
Tue Sep 25 08:20:16 CEST 2007

Hi

I've been reading through the documentation at http://www.tex.ac.uk and
trying a number of packages but so far have not yet found a solution to
a , I believe, simple Latex/Bibtex problem.

Any help would be much appreciated to the following question: "how could
I tell Bibtex to reverse the order of numbering in the bibilography
section?"

Context: I have a large BibTex file from which I can produce a *.bbl
file and included in my Latex file via \input{*.bbl} (Btw, there are
several hundered papers in the list and I need to use bib2bbl
(http://www.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/bib2bbl/index.html) to do batch
processing.)

Howver, for CV/resume and other reporting purposes, it is desirable to
reverse the numbering order and the most recent papers appear first (so
that the reader will know how many papers right from the first page),
for example

[10] Authors, title, paper in 2008
 [9] Authors, title, paper in 2007
 [1] Author, title, paper in 1990