[texhax] [e]tex -ipc and -ipc-start

Jay F Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Tue Sep 4 20:52:15 CEST 2007

I'm trying to figure out how to use -ipc and -ipc-start (the ultimate
goal is to invoke tex in a pipeline whose output will be sent to a
printer).  According to the official TeX documention, this is what the
-ipc and -ipc-start options do:

    4.5 IPC and TeX
    ===============

    (Sorry, but I'm not going to write this unless someone actually uses
    this feature. Let me know.)

      This functionality is available only if the `--enable-ipc' option was
    specified to `configure' during installation of Web2c (*note
    Installation::).

      If you define `IPC_DEBUG' before compilation (e.g., with `make
    XCFLAGS=-DIPC_DEBUG'), TeX will print messages to standard error about
    its socket operations.  This may be helpful if you are, well, debugging.

Can you please send me, or direct me to, something more useful than
the above?  Thank you in advance.

			Jay F. Shachter
			6424 N Whipple St
			Chicago IL  60645-4111