[texhax] [pdftex] DVI to HTML mechanism demo

Chris Rowley C.A.Rowley at open.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 16:44:29 CET 2007

> Wow - no, they're not passing it to TeX on the fly - it looks like
> they're written a complete maths layout package in javascript that
> duplicates what TeX does.  I'm impressed!

That is precisely what they(he, in fact) claim to have done, plus an
interpreter for quite a bit (and growing) of non-primitive LaTeX.  But
it only produces a bitmapped image of the whole of each bit of maths
emebedded in the HTML, not the actual maths.

There are now many web-related systems that process more or less
LaTeX-like input without using any of TeX's many engines to do it.

chris