[texhax] [pdftex] DVI to HTML mechanism demo

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 29 00:01:04 CET 2007

    As far as I know, tex4ht can also create XML,

Yes.

    but I fear that formulas are provided as bitmaps.

It can render to bitmaps, or to MathML, or use Unicode chars for
"simple" math (say just $\alpha$), or some mixture.  Eitan has really
built a lot into it.

    The SVG file contained all the resources needed,

At least at the time Michel wrote his article, SVG did not support
kerns/ligatures.  Which doesn't matter much for a few diagram labels,
but any kind of running text is another matter.

karl