[texhax] [pdftex] DVI to HTML mechanism demo

Graham Toal gtoal at gtoal.com
Sun Oct 28 16:13:19 CET 2007

On 10/28/07, George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you seen jsMath: <http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/> (as
> used for the SAGE notebook)?

No, I had been using this:
http://test.izyba.com/equationeditor/equationeditor.php- but the link
above is much nicer!  Good find, thanks.

I'm trying to work out how they did it!  It looks like actual TeX
source embedded in the HTML file.  Must be some real clever trickery
in the style sheet to extract it and send it to a cgi for rendering...
Wow - no, they're not passing it to TeX on the fly - it looks like
they're written a complete maths layout package in javascript that
duplicates what TeX does.  I'm impressed!  I will probably use this
for embedding equations in web pages, but it's still not what I'm
looking for to lay out complete web pages.