[texhax] Changing the font: "Contents" and chapter headings

Suzanna Laycock s.k.laycock at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 23:53:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to change the font of the word "Contents", above the table
of contents. I would like it to be bold, sffamily, but without
changing it's position, which was generated with \usepackage
[avantgarde]{quotchap}.

This is probably a parallel question, but how do you change the
chapter fonts, without changing the positioning.  I've found section
headings, etc can be modified using (for example):

\usepackage[calcwidth]{titlesec}
\titleformat{\section}[hang]{\sffamily\bfseries}{\Large\thesection}
{12pt}{\Large}[{\titlerule[0.6pt]}]

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Suzanna