[texhax] Dense textbook with small diagrams

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sat Oct 20 10:38:34 CEST 2007

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007, Andy Farnell wrote:

> 3) Neither am I really sure when it's working :) The discrepencies are
> very small and by trying it on one of them it's rather hard to see
> whether it has any effect.

when you use such small diagrams, the standard BoundingBox within the
the graphics file often isn't precise enough (rounded to 1/72 in), hope
you already know that HiResBoundingBox should be used instead. It needs
to be there in the diagram file, and LaTeX needs to be setup by adding
the "hiresbbox" package option to includegraphicx. Similar setup for
your converter programs. And check that your viewer uses the
HiResBoundingBox when you look to the individual diagrams.

Regards, Hartmut