[texhax] complete latex symbol list typeset and \xRightarrow

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:11:17 CEST 2007

On 2/11/06, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I try typeset by myself complete LaTeX symbol list (taken at
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/source/
> with all auxillary files latex stumble on line 4927 and more precisely on
> \xRightarrow{abc} complaining missing $.
> Strangely enough,  \xLeftarrow{abc} on the same is accepted with no complains.
>
> Any ideas what is the reason of this problem and how to typeset this list with
> \xRightarrow?

Now on updated TeX distribution failure comes even earlier: latex just
stops without
error message  at ine 3008+

\begin{symtable}[ARCS]{\ARCS\ Text-mode Accents}
\index{accents}
\label{arcs-accents}
\begin{tabular}{*2{ll}}
\Q\overarc & \Q\underarc \\
\end{tabular}

\bigskip

\begin{tablenote}
  The accents shown above scale only to a few characters wide.  An
  optional macro argument alters the effective width of the accented
  characters.  See the \ARCS\ documentation for more information.
\end{tablenote}
\end{symtable}