[texhax] import image problem--where to save the file?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Oct 15 01:30:28 CEST 2007

Yiqing Jin (Denny) writes:

 > I am trying to include a .esp image in my document but I don't know
 > where to save the file so that LaTeX will be able to use it.

if it's an Encapsulated PostScript file, the extension should be .eps
and not .esp.

 > I am running MikTeX on WinXP and tried to import the image using
 > the Graphicx package's command /includegraphics{}.

You certainly mean \includegraphics{}.  I strongly recommend to make
use of the copy&paste facilities provided by your OS instead of typing
everything manually.

 > The image file is currently on the 'My document' folder, and in
 > each compile run I get the message ''File 'img1' not found''.

The proper place is the directory where the main .tex file (the file
which contains the \documentclass command) resides .

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25