[texhax] Tex capacity exceeded

Bruce Thomson bruce at auswildlife.com
Fri Nov 23 10:04:10 CET 2007

Hi Lars,

Re your question about it being an environment - I'm afraid that I am not

 I have a main page of code that brings multiple docos together and I

initially copied it from a working example. The context of the code

where it hangs up is where I include the various components...

\frontmatter %order of chapters as required

The Table of Contents doco is quite simple with just ....

Does this help? Sorry I didn't provide more details initially.

Cheers, Bruce Thomson

> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].

> \label #1->\@bsphack

>                     \begingroup \@onelevel at sanitize \@currentlabelname

> \ede...

> l.1 \begin{tableofcontents}

> Any ideas? I have a very simple understanding of all this, I'm afraid!!!

> Cheers, Bruce

could you please provide a minimal example.

Since when has tableofcontents ever been an environment?