[texhax] Latex help,

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Nov 23 01:28:00 CET 2007

Philip G. Ratcliffe writes:
 > >  > Perhaps you already have a command line program called eps2eps,
 > >
 > > It makes sense to try ps2eps, too.  And don't expect that
 > > Microsoft programs like Excel provide valid EPS.  ps2eps
 > > re-calculates the Bounding Box, Microsoft is completely
 > > unable or unwilling to do this.
 >
 > In fact, it is often necessary to hand edit M$ postscript files to
 > remove unwanted head and tail lines containing control characters
 > for printers that upset the LaTeXed versions (i.e. Yap chokes).
 > One can then also easily edit the Bounding Box line by hand to
 > adjust it exactly as one pleases.  If, at the same time, you have
 > it opened in ghostview (with the option "Show bounding box"
 > checked), then you can immediately see the effect of any changes
 > made - and thus undo them if necessary ;-)

Hi Phil,
regarding M$ postscript files I completely agree with you.  On the
other hand it's amazing

But as far as I can see, ps2eps removes things which are undesirable
in eps files and re-calculates the BoundingBox itself.

This is the reason I mentioned it.  I have the impression that the
author (Roland Bless) had Windows PostScript printer drivers in mind
when he wrote this program.  It does a really good job in this
respect.  I don't know whether it works perfectly in all situations
but it's worth a try.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25