[texhax] TTF fonts

Martin Heller mr_heller at yahoo.dk
Fri Nov 16 03:23:28 CET 2007

Loeghmon T. Nejad skrev:
> Can someone please tell me if MS TTF fonts can be used as-is in
> Latex(Miktex), or they need some sort of conversion before they can be
> read by latex? Do you have the instructions as how to register ttf
> fonts with latex? Thank you very much.

It depends on what you want to do. Installing a ttf font for use
with pdflatex is pretty easy if you are only interested in text
fonts. If you want math support it becomes more involved.

There is a gui for installing ttf fonts in a MiKTeX setup:

If you prefer to do it manually you can use this guide

For the fonts coming with Windows most of the work is already done:

For an overview of what is available in you installation check
out the LaTeX Font Catalogue

If you want to use TrueType fonts with the latex -> dvips ->
ps2pdf route you need to do more work.