[texhax] centering a box on the margin line

Peter King peter.king at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 12 19:33:44 CET 2007

There must be an easy way to do this in plain TeX, but I haven't come up
with one. I have a rectangular graphic (actually a logo in an .eps file)
that I want to center on the line of the left margin, thusly:

  | X |
    |Blah blah margin line on the left
    |More text flush to margin line
    |Even more text and random babbling

Is there a straightforward way to do this? I suppose I could negative kern
the epsfbox into the margin, or something like that. But surely centering
a box on a given line (the margin line) must be an Old Solved Problem.
Any help appreciated, even pointers on where to look. Thanks.

Peter King			 	peter.king at utoronto.ca
Department of Philosophy
215 Huron Street
The University of Toronto		    (416)-978-4951 ofc
Toronto, ON  M5S 1A2

GPG keyID 0x7587EC42 (2B14 A355 46BC 2A16 D0BC  36F5 1FE6 D32A 7587 EC42)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7587EC42