[texhax] Not-for-print pages in LaTeX output

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Nov 6 01:23:38 CET 2007

Dan Hatton writes:
 > On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 > > If you have an old version of pdftex, try \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=7.
 > Thanks for the clue.  Martin gave me the same advice off-list.  It
 > succeeded in suppressing the error message, but still left the first
 > line of the output saying %PDF-1.3.
 > However, I've since discovered, with a toy document, that I
 > successfully get %PDF-1.7 if I compile with pdflatex, instead of my
 > usual tactic of latex followed by dvipdf.  (It's not straightforward
 > to do this with my real document, because I'm a heavy user of
 > postscript specials.)  Xpdf and Evince still ignore the
 > /PrintPageRange directive, though.

If you are familiar with PostScript, look out for an operator
"pdfmark" which allows you to move information to PDF files.

but you'll find much more if you google for "pdfmark".

Sorry, the last sentence might sound a bit funny, but curiously in
German we have the (probably unofficial) word "googeln", which means
"to google".  That's awful.

Marschnerstr. 25