[texhax] long/multipage align?

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Mon May 7 23:20:04 CEST 2007

I need to generate a large list of variable definitions for a pub and have
been using the align environment. The list of variables has now, gone over
the length of a page and I can't figure out how, or if there's another
package, that allows me to extend the align environment for multiple
pages.

% \begin{align*}
%   X_{ij} & = \text{indicator to apply treatment schedule $j$ to
%     treatment unit $i$;}\\
%   B_{it} & = \text{indicator to construct road segment $i$ in
%     period $t$;}\\
%   X_{ij} & = \text{indicator to apply treatment schedule $j$ to
%     treatment unit $i$;}\\
%   B_{it} & = \text{indicator to construct road segment $i$ in
%     period $t$;}\\

... yadda, yadda, yadda...

%   i & = \text{nominal interest rate;}\\
%   T_{ij,1} & = \text{first harvest period for treatment unit $i$,
schedule $j$;}\\
%   T_{ij,3} & = \text{second rotation length for treatment unit $i$,
schedule $j$;}\\
%   T_{ij,3} & = \text{third rotation length for treatment unit $i$,
schedule $j$;}\\
%   N & = \text{total number of treatment units;}\\
%   P & = \text{total number of periods in the planning horizon;}\\ %   L
& = \text{total number of road segments;}
% \end{align*}

And hints, ideas?

--
Forest Informatics, Inc.