[texhax] Fixed width and height of table cells

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Fri May 4 14:25:08 CEST 2007

Susan Dittmar <SDittmar at eureca.de> schrieb am 04.05.2007 13:18:05:

> Quoting ?????? ?????????? ????????? (lokhtin at irkutsk.bnk.ru):
> >
> > 1. Is it possible to create a table in LaTeX with FIXED width of the tabular and with the FIXED width of its columns?
>
> How about using p{ <length> } columns?

Just this (without something additional) would require that
table width depends on the widths of the single columns.
Moreover, it would disable features of l, c, r columns.
Rather, use tabular* or tabularx for fixed table width,
together with the array package to define

    \newcolumntype{C}{>{\centering\arraybackslash}p{2cm}}

or so -- I am steeling this advice from Martin Heller, March 8 this year.

HTH -- Uwe.