[texhax] Fwd: agu2001.cls compile fails

Suniti Karunatillake suniti.kumara at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 01:00:34 CEST 2007

 Hi:
I need to prepare a manuscript for submission to the Journal of Geophysical
Research.

I am using the MikTex 2.5
<http://www.miktex.org/2.5/Setup.aspx>installation with TexnicCenter
<http://www.toolscenter.org/>as the text editor in a Microsoft Windows XP
Professional OS. The installation directory for MikTex is C:\Program
Files\MiKTeX 2.5, while the directory path for agu2001.cls (downloaded
online<ftp://ftp.agu.org/journals/latex/journals/for_manuscript_preparation/>)
is
C:\Documents and Settings\Mars\My Documents\TexAdditions\tex\latex\aguplus
(this folder includes all relevant files such as jgrga.sty).

I have verified that my MikTex installation is working perfectly, since it
compiles documents without any errors using \documentclass{article} and
\documentclass[12pt]{moderncv}, for example. However, compilation fails
whenever I use \documentclass[*]{ agu2001.cls}, where "*" refers to any
option such as jgrga, draft, or grl. The first compilation error is as
follows: ! Extra \endgroup.
l.7276 ...T at cmt#3\fi\NAT@@close\else#1\fi\endgroup
<...T at cmt#3%5Cfi%5CNAT@@close%5Celse%231%5Cfi%5Cendgroup>}

I am attaching the *.log file for details of the compilation errors. I'm
also including my *.tex file for reference.

Please let me know how this error may be corrected. I would greatly
appreciate an immediate response, as I need to submit the article to JGR
very soon.

Suniti
--
Suniti Karunatillake