[texhax] Editing tool in Linux

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Mar 29 01:10:28 CEST 2007

  > I'm pretty sure you can do all these things in Xemacs. Once you
  > open a .tex file, you should have a latex menu with options to
  > build pdf etc. Plus you can move around the file with ease using
  > keystrokes and all the other benefits of emacs, much better than
  > that silly vi

Well, I don't think vi is silly.  It is based on a different
philosophy and many people like it.  A discussion about emacs and vi
will always end up in flame wars.  I hope they can be avoided.
BTW, I personally prefer Emacs but some time ago a famous person in
the TeX world said: "Emacs is a nice operating system, but it lacks a
good editor".

However, if you advertise Emacs, you also should mention auctex and
the wonderful preview-latex package.

  http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html

Regards,
  Reinhard