[texhax] typesetting, and "subtitle"

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Tue Jun 26 04:31:30 CEST 2007

BC Robinson <brobinso at math.usf.edu> wrote:

> Thank you.  I didn't think of redefining \maketitle.  I'll look at
> that now.  For the sake of disclosure, this seemed to give me
> something like what I was wanting:
>
> \title[Taking Sides]{Taking Sides \\
> {\large \textbf{Theory and Issues in Political and Moral Philosophy}}}

If you read my code carefully, you'll see that this is exactly the same
as my solution.  The only real difference is that I've provided a
\subtitle macro, which seemed to me more in the spirit of LaTeX's
functional markup.  I did this for a set of documents that were also to
be converted to html, so defining the look of the page wasn't as
important as defining the roles that each bit of text had to play.

 -tom