[texhax] Installation on Ubuntu 6.4

William B. Haskell wbhaskell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 19 00:40:33 CEST 2007

I have the February 2007 release of the TUG DVD and I am trying to
install TexLive on my computer which is running Ubuntu 6.4.  I have some
questions and I hope you might be able to help:

1) I can't seem to start the installation.  I am only a novice Linux
user so detailed instructions on how to install what I need on my system
would be very helpful.

2) Once I install TexLive, is it only a compiler or does it also include
an editor?  If it is just a compiler, what editor should I use?

Any help you can give on these issues would be greatly appreciated.  Let
me know if I can provide any more information.

William Haskell