[texhax] vertical space between sections and paragraph

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Tue Jun 5 19:36:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, McAllaster, Douglas, CTR, OASD(HA)/TMA wrote:

> I see parskip as a way to control vertical space between paragraphs.
> Is there a way to control the amount of vertical space
> between section headings and the subsequent paragraph?

The easiest way is to use the "titlesec" package and the command
"titlespacing". For example,

\usepackage{titlesec}

\titlespacing*{\section}         %% heading command
               {0pt}              %% increase left margin
 	      {\baselineskip}    %% vertical space before heading
               {2\baselineskip}   %% vertical space after heading

Please see the documentation of the package for details.

--
Krishnan