[texhax] URGENT : BUG no access to /i-packages/tex.ii2

MPavageau michel.pavageau at emn.fr
Fri Jul 27 08:29:40 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am new to Latex and I may bother you with stupid questions. I
immediately apologize for that.

I am a mac user, not much familiar with unix commands... I am working
on a macbook pro, intel core duo.
I downloaded the mactex package and started to install.
I am asked to use the i-installer that I installed on my computer
beforehand. It seems to work correctly.
Launching i-installer (latest release), I am told that I should see
in the i-packages box an i-package whose
name is Tex and whose URL is http://tug.org/i-packages/tex.ii2   (see
http://chamblandes.tuxfamily.org/LaTeXMacOSX/latexmacosx3.html)
I should then open and configure.

Well, the point is that in the right-hand side box, no i-package with
a name starting with Tex appears. I am blocked.
On the left-hand side box (directories) I am using Gerben's i-
Directory at TUG. I tried with the other directories. No better result.

Could you please give me a hand ?
Is there another way to proceed ?

It s a bit of a panic since I have to urgently finish off courses for
next september.

Thank you for your help and concern. Kind regards,

Michel

PS : (yesterday I tryed to install Texmaker for which I had to
install Tex using i-install - Neither could i-install see the tex.ii2
i-package)
---------
Michel PAVAGEAU
Ecole des Mines de Nantes
Département Systèmes Energétiques et Environnement
UMR CNRS 6144 (GEPEA) - Axe Ecoulements et Transferts
4 rue A. Kastler
BP 20 722
44307 Nantes Cedex 03 - FRANCE

Tel:    +33 - (0)2 51 85 82 67