[texhax] using /include

Bart C. Wise tug at wiseguysweb.com
Tue Jul 24 23:02:42 CEST 2007

In the /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf file, there is a variable that controls
whether you can write to a file (i.e. the aux file) that is not in your
current working directory.

The default setting (on my system) is as follows: openout_any = p
This indicates that you cannot go to parent directories and other
restrictions.

Change this to: openout_any = a
This will allow you to open any file.  You may also want to look at the
'r' option and see if that suits your purpose.