[texhax] getting Cyrillic math characters

Phil Parker phil at math.wichita.edu
Thu Jul 19 12:15:46 CEST 2007

On 07/19/2007 at 11:58 AM, Samuel Lelievre <samuel.lelievre.tex at free.fr>
wrote: >> >see also "the Comprehensive LaTeX symbol list".

>>That was the second or third place I looked. I found a mention,
>>but not the answer to my question. Please be more specific as
>>to exactly where in it I should have looked.

>Last paragraph of page 64 in this version:
>ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf

That's where I looked, and there's no way I could have gotten this (from your
first reply)

  \documentclass{article}
  \usepackage[OT2,T1]{fontenc}
  \DeclareSymbolFont{cyrletters}{OT2}{wncyr}{m}{n}
  \DeclareMathSymbol{\Sha}{\mathalpha}{cyrletters}{"58}
  \begin{document}
  This is the Tate-Shafarevich group:  $\Sha_{E/K}$.
  Here it is as a subscript:  $A_\Sha$.
  \end{document}

from that. Thanks also for the first one that I can understand.

Thanks also to Justin Walker and Micha Hofri for their responses.

--
    Phil Parker
URL http://www.math.wichita.edu/~pparker/