[texhax] LaTeX bibliography woes.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jul 9 23:36:57 CEST 2007

    I've tried biblatex

Perhaps report the UTF-8 woes to the biblatex author (Lehmann).  Maybe
he has a development version or something.

    I've considered writing a script to process the .bbl file after it has

Indeed.  It seems to me that there is nothing premade which can split up
the bbl into your arbitrary sectioning, in which case you'll just have
to do it with your own script.

    I don't think subsections are possible within itemized environments.

>From this comment, I'm imagining you want output like this:

Type 1

[1] Author, First.
[4] Author, Another.

Type 2

[5] Author, Yet Another.
[73] Author, Umpteenth.

Type 3

[74] Author, Umpteenth + 1.
etc.

In other words, the ordering is consecutive, doesn't restart at each
heading.

If that's right, my low-tech fix would be not to use \subsection.  Just
kludge in your own macro that formats the heading accordingly.
\medskip\leftline{\bf ...} comes to mind :).

Sounds like quite an adventure ...

karl