[texhax] More Beamer questions

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Mon Jan 22 15:04:16 CET 2007

I am beginning to get the hang of Beamer for a course that starts in a
three weeks time, but there are (of course) a huge number of thisng to
learn.  Here are a few:

There are a few elements in most or all of the themes for Beamer which
I would like to eliminate from the slides.  First, if you have defined
an author and a title for the presentation, these elements always
appear at the top of the sidebars.  I would prefer to have this
information on the first frame, using \maketitle.  That would save
valuable real estate.  Is it possible to use some option like
"\noauthor" somewhere?

The other thing which I would like to eliminate is the faint
navigation things close to the lower right corner.  Is it possible to
supress this part of the slide?

Tom