[texhax] Question concerning LaTex

Joshua Spizman jspizma1 at binghamton.edu
Tue Jan 2 20:21:51 CET 2007

Hello,

    I am currently running WinEdt/MiKTex.  I have to use some of my own
style files.  I was wondering if there is a default place that Miktex
looks for style files so I can just put the ones I use there instead of
creating multiple copies in different folders for the different
documents I write.  I tried using the package manager and this is very
helpful except whenever I use it, it asks me to install a package called
'latex2html'  and this then creates links within my document for all
references I make.  I also would like to disable this and can't seem to
figure out how to do that either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh Spizman
PhD Student, SUNY-Binghamton