[texhax] beamer download problem

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Feb 9 18:54:49 CET 2007

Tommy Tung On Wu wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am trying to download the beamer.zip file from the link:
>
> ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/beamer.zip
>
> but nothing has been saved on my computer. I would like to know how to
> download it.

Very hard to say, if it does not work for you.  I have tried
following the link you give, which opens in my copy of SeaMonkey
(a Mozilla derivative) and then asks if I want to open it with
WinZip, open it with another application, or save it to a file.
I select "Save it to a file", browse to "My documents", and
select [OK].  The download manager then opens, I see 2667Kb
transferred, and the file ends up in "My documents".  Can you
talk us through the analogous sequence of steps on your
computer, and identify at which point it seems to fail ?

Philip Taylor