[texhax] PNAS style

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Sun Feb 4 12:30:21 CET 2007

> I can get the right format using this command in the preamble:
>
> \usepackage[numbers,sort&compress,round]{natbib}
>
> which makes numbers, sorts, compresses and gives round parenthesis.
> (as per the documentation at
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/natbib.html)
>
> For the bibliography I do:
>
> \makeatletter
> \renewcommand\@biblabel[1]{#1.}
> \makeatother
>
> However, I'd like to package this together as a single call:
>
> \usepackage{pnas}
>
> For some reason this fails to work whether I name it pnas.sty
> or pnas.cls.

Well, it has to pnas.sty to work with \usepackage{pnas}.  But, if you don't
tell is how it fails, it's a little hard to say what's wrong.  I can only
guess that MiKTeX doesn't find the file; which simply means that you didn't
put it ib the right place or you didn't refresh the MiKTeX filename
database.  Thses problems are all dealt with in the FAQ and are indeed VFAQ.
On the other hand, if you get some specific error message, assuming it
doesn't violate some official secrets act, how about letting us in on it?

Cheers,  Phil