[texhax] Please Solve my problem with LATEX

ekalin at laposte.net ekalin at laposte.net
Wed Aug 29 00:02:53 CEST 2007

> Message du 28/08/07 23:29
> De : "animesh das"

I have smallMikTeX version. Whenever I write any article in LaTeX, the dvi-preview always starts with page number 1. But I want to start my article from the page number I wish,say page number 35(i.e., there will be no page numbers between 1-34 in my article). For this requirement what should I do. Is there any command that can fulfill my requirement. Please help !
I'll be kind enough if you suggest something in this matter as early as possible.
I am eager to get your response in the mail.
Thanking you.
ANIMESH DAS
Well, what you need is not to start the preview on page 35, but to have the first page numbered 35. To do that, add

\setcounter{page}{35}

in the beginning of the document (just after \begin{document}, for exemplo.