[texhax] Question on texlive-isoimage

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 5 01:12:00 CEST 2007

Hi Dieter,

    though it may sound strange: could you kindly provide the exact
    command you use to create the iso-image with mkisofs?

mkisofs -pad -J -dir-mode 0755 -r -o whatever.iso .

Well, there are more options to exclude certain files in the source
tree, depending on which iso is being made, but I doubt that will matter
for you.  The actual script is at
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/tools/MakeImages.sh?view=log

    I am currently integrating a sparc64-linux binary set

Are you aware that TL already comes with sparc-linux binaries?
The system was, I believe, Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (Sarge),
kernel 2.4.27-2-sparc64.

Happy TeXing and ISOing too :).

karl