[texhax] Modifying margins for large tables/figures

Daniel Leonard dbleonard at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 19 00:44:09 CEST 2007

Hi.  I am running MiKTeX 2.5 in Windows.  I am attempting to print some very large tables within a report and am finding it difficult to change the margins selectively for the pages containing the tables.  Note that I want the default TeX margins for all pages excepting those containing the set of large tables.  I have looked at the information on margins as well as several packages such as the geometry package but all seem to require the changes to occur at the document level.  I have also tried the chngpage package but it seems to leave the margins untouched for the table while typed text is placed within the new, modified margins. Are there commands/packages that allow a user to change the margins selectively for tables/figures or is there a way to have a separate file with its own document class and thus a separate compile included within a larger document with a different document class?  Thanks for the assistance!

"The traffic moved with the speed one wished for one's funeral." -Joseph Brodsky
"He is one of those cases which are more numerous than those suppose who have never lived anywhere but their own homes, and never walked but in one line from their cradles to their graves. We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight paths for the by-ways and low places of life, if we would learn truth by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles, and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been wrought among our fellow creatures by accident, hardship, or vice."-Richard Dana in Two Years Before the Mast