[texhax] LaTeX list environments

Yuri Robbers yuri.robbers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 13:16:04 CEST 2006

Hi Joan,

It should be possible to construct something like this yourself, based on
the paralist package on CTAN://macros/latex/contrib/paralist. More
specifically, one would need to redefine some part of the inparaenum
environment or the definitions it uses by fitting the actual text of each
item inside an \hbox or something like that.

CAVEAT 1: This will only work properly when _none_ of the items exceeds the
available \linewidth!

CAVEAT 2: Do this in a (stripped down) copy of paralist.sty that you rename
to something else for compatibility reasons!

CAVEAT 3: In most cases the spacing will look horrid, setting your list
\reaggedright is probably the least ugly way to go!

CAVEAT 4: I haven't actually got the time to try this right now. It _will_
require some TeX hacking, and it _may_ actually work, but may just as easily
not work!

Perhaps this helps?

Good luck,
Yuri.