[texhax] Collection for social sciences and the humanities for TeXLive 2006

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Sep 14 00:49:21 CEST 2006

At 02:10 11.09.06, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Moreover *arab.tex* (Plain TeX) and *ledarab* (ledmac bundle)
>
>Basically, it's possible to slice and dice the TL package lists in
>myriad ways, but little reason to do so.  It makes some sense to try to
>extract a coherent set of humanities packages from
>collection-latexextra, but anything that's already in a smaller
>collection can just stay there, IMHO.

I don't mind much; but I can't well imagine that Arab and Hebrew
TeX is considerably used outside humanities. I neither find
a Hebrew or Arab TeX Users' group. I rather assume that
math, science, or engineer students and scholars in Israel
or Arab countries publish in English or French ...
or study in Germany ... then study bombs ... etc. ...
(So please worry much about this message.)

... and incidentally I just studied the comprehensive list of symbols.
Besides ancient fonts, there are `Mayan Digits' (etc. ...)
which I can't imagine to be used outside archeology or history
nowadays ...

>     -- About when will the deadline be?
>
>I am waiting for the new pdftex and metapost releases, which I was told
>would happen fairly soon.  Then we will start to slide towards the next
>TL release.  As soon as there's any kind of date in mind, I'll announce
>it, you can be sure.

Thanks a lot, Karl

-- Cheers,

   Uwe.