[texhax] (resent) various paper size

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Sep 4 14:10:07 CEST 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 03:59, kyanh wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a a4 document which contains some technique materials that should
> be typeset in a3 size. I searched (google, tex faq) but failed.
>
> Does TeX support two paper sizes in a single document?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> -- kyanh

In general any printed document will have one and only one page
size, unless you have foldout pages. Is that your situation?  The
problem is not what TeX can do but what your printer can do.

If you have foldout pages they are best treated separately. The
printer will need two or more files in any case. I would create a dummy
run to establish page numbering at the larger size, and then
create multiple pdf files as separate runs, setting the starting
page number for each segment per the dummy run.

Talk to your printer, get his requirements, and then we can
suggest a specific solution. Are you using plain TeX, Context or
LaTeX?
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting