[texhax] Greek in footnote

Yuri Robbers yuri.robbers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:36:29 CEST 2006

Hi Nicolaas,

The problem you describe is deeply rooted in Babel, I think. I've run across
it long ago when doing some typesetting for a colleague. I ended up using
teubner.sty (CTAN://macros/latex/contrib/teubner/teubner.sty) which is a
very extensive package for using ancient (polytonic) Greek, offering far
more posisbilities than I ever needed, but it didn't have a problem at all
with my footnotes. Nothing special needed to be done, if I remember
correctly.

I think I did use babel along with it, but I'm not entirely sure anymore,
and it'll take me a lot of work digging through old backups, so I'd like to
suggest you experiment with that for yourself.

Cheers,
Yuri.