[texhax] EndNote to Bibtex

Simmie, John john.simmie at nuigalway.ie
Fri Nov 24 14:58:21 CET 2006

Ruth Mugford asks

>I have also imported my references from Endnote into Bibtex and I would
>like to convert the long journal names to abbreviated names in a style
>file.  All the information on bibtex that I have read recommends typing
a >one word shorthand for each journal and using the @string command to
define >the outputted journal name.  However, I'd rather not replace all
the >unabbreviated journal names that I already have in Bibtex with
shorthands.  >It would be useful to be able to choose whether to use the
long journal >names, or abbreviations in future.  I have looked into
writing some style >file code, but the syntax seems pretty complicated.
I wondered anyone on >this list has already done this and has some code
to solve this problem?  >It would save me a lot of time!  Thanks for
your help.

but why not use the formidable formatting capabilities of EndNote
directly and then import the resultant?

Professor John M. Simmie
Combustion Chemistry Centre
National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Phones: 00353-91-492451 or 00353-86-8059948
http://www.nuigalway.ie/chem/combust.htm