[texhax] tabular and page breaks

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Mon Nov 20 23:41:31 CET 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 15:41 , Martin Schröder wrote:

> 2006/11/20, Axel E. Retif <axretif at igo.com.mx>:
>
>>    \begin{center}
>>

> Use \centering please, unless you really know what center does.
>
> Best
>    Martin

Well, as I said, the example was just copied from the Indian TUG
tutorial, though I admit I use \begin{center} ... \end{center} as a
rule. I didn't know there was much difference between the environment
and the command, save for what's is said in TLC 2nd. ed., p. 104.

So, yes, I admit I don't *really* know what center does ---as with
almost everything else in LaTeX, I just use it.

So, yes, I know I have to study more ---and I truly want to.

Thank you ---I really welcome these reminders.

Best,

Axel