[texhax] Problems with teTeX under Fedora Core 6

Dan Hatton vi5u0-texhax at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 00:02:26 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Artur G. Sibagatullin wrote:

> Does anyone use TeX under FC6? I can't start any of type of TeX or
> LaTeX. Such commands like tex, pdftex, latex, pdflatex, kpsewhich
> are hanging and don't log anything. TEXMFMAIN and other variables
> are not defined. Help me please.

I've just upgraded my machine from FC4 to FC6, and LaTeX seems to run
fine.  What's the output of "which tex", "which latex", etc.?  That
would help to find out whether you're running Fedora's stock programs
(as I am) or locally-compiled versions that might have been broken by
library upgrades etc.

--

Dan Hatton

<http://www.bib.hatton.btinternet.co.uk/dan/>