[texhax] Left-flushed equations

Micha Hofri hofri at WPI.EDU
Wed May 17 17:29:47 CEST 2006

Dear all:

I am trying to create a list of formulas, implemented as a list
of equations.
In fact,  I want to convert an existing one (typeset in troff) to latex,
before I make additional changes.  The list can be seen in
http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~hofri/formula.pdf

The problem is, that if the equations are not flushed left the page looks
terrible, and I failed to find a way to do it.

I use the class amsart.  Is this a bad choice?

According to the Latex Companion the option fleqn defines a rubber left
indent, \mathindent, and it makes the page look wobbly.  Is there a way
to cure this rubber? that is, harden it at 0pt?

Or another approach that delivers this end result?

I can of course give up the automatic labeling and use paragraphs with
\displaystyle, but the renumbering and the use of \eqref are very
desirable.

Thanks,                  --Micha