[texhax] Better pdf reader?

Tobias Kemme tobiaskemme at arcor.de
Sat May 6 23:59:15 CEST 2006

++Michael Barr | Sat, 6 May 2006 17:35:17 -0400 (EDT):
> One of the nice things about dvi previewers is that all the ones I
> have  seen recently allow you to write a new dvi file without closing
> the  viewer and, better yet, read the new file.  Is there a pdf reader
> like  that?  As things are, every time you recompile using pdflatex,
> you have to  close the reader and then rerun it.  What a nuisance!
>
> Michael Barr

Oh, as you didn't mention it, I am not sure what pdf viewer you have
tried out so far.

I use xpdf (under Linux), and that actually has a 'reload' option
triggered by the 'r' key. I am not sure, though, if you can have the
viewer automatically reload once the file has changed on disk. For that
you might have to play around with something like the 'atchange' script
[http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/atchange.html].

Cheers,

tobi.