[texhax] Sequence

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Thu May 4 21:52:39 CEST 2006

> I'm creating the following document using Kile:
>
> bla bla bla bla
> bla bla bla bla
> Image bla:
> \begin{figure}[htbp]\center
> \includegraphics[width=0.55\textwidth]{image.eps }
> \caption{Some image that fill the entire page}\end{figure}
> ble ble ble ble
> ble ble ble ble
>
> What I would like to create with this code:
>
> First page:
> bla bla bla bla
> bla bla bla bla
> Image bla:
> <THE REST OF THIS PAGE BLANK>
>
> Second page:
>                       IMAGE
> Some image that fill the entire page
>
> Third page
> ble ble ble ble
> ble ble ble ble
> [snip]
> Is this correct? What do I need to do to create the result
> with three pages? Why kile don't produce the correct sequence?

For a start, it's nothing to with kile but LaTeX, which you do presumably
run at some point.

Second it is indeed correct: the whole point of LaTeX is that it does the
type-setting for you and therefore puts the figure in the best place it
finds for it.  If this is not what you want/need then maybe you don't
want/need LaTeX.

Anyway, this should get you what you appear to want:

bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla
Image bla:
\clearpage
\begin{figure}[htbp]\center
\includegraphics[width=0.55\textwidth]{image.eps }
\caption{Some image that fill the entire page}\end{figure}
\clearpage
ble ble ble ble
ble ble ble ble

Maybe it would help a little if you had a quick read of one of the many
introductory manuals available on-line or within the LaTeX distrinution.

Cheers,  Phil Ratcliffe