[texhax] using both sides of page for a 2-up latex document?

Matthew Leingang leingang at math.harvard.edu
Tue May 2 14:55:34 CEST 2006

My original response to Chris, which I also forgot to send to the list:
----

Interesting question.  Here's a possibility, which is not a pure LaTeX
solution but does get the job done.

%--- LaTeX document ----
\documentclass[oneside]{memoir}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\pagestyle{empty}
\newcommand{\frontpage}{
    \null\vfill
    \begin{center}
    \Huge Please come to my art show!
    \end{center}
    \vfill
    \pagebreak
}
\newcommand{\backpage}{
    \begin{center}
    \includegraphics[angle=90,width=\textwidth]{hassam3.jpg}
    \end{center}
    \clearpage
}
\begin{document}

\frontpage
\frontpage
\backpage
\backpage
\end{document}
%--- End Document ---

Now print to file using a 2-up option. :-)

I'm guessing you could do something similar with a landscape papersize and
two minipages, eliminating the print to file step.

--Matt