[texhax] boders on top and bottom only with \fcolorbox

Brent Legge Brent.Legge at messagingdirect.com
Fri Jun 30 19:53:27 CEST 2006

Hi TexHax,

I'm trying to do a shaded text area with a dark border, but I only want
the border to occur on the tob and bottom of the box.  I've attempted
this using \rule in the following code:

\newcommand{\accountheader}[4]{
  \sffamily\fontseries{bx}\fontshape{n}\selectfont
  \parbox{17.55cm}{
    \parbox[1pt]{17.55cm}{\vskip10mm\rule{18cm}{1pt}}%

    \fcolorbox {lightgray}{lightgray}{
      \parbox{17.55cm}{\hskip-3pt
    \parbox{4.8cm}{\vskip2pt \scriptsize Nr~rachunku \vskip4pt
      \footnotesize \an{#1}\vskip2pt}
    \parbox{7cm}{\vskip2pt \scriptsize Rodzaj~rachunku \vskip4pt
      \footnotesize \an{#2}\vskip2pt}
    \parbox{3cm}{\vskip2pt \scriptsize Oprocentowanie~rachunku \vskip4pt
      \footnotesize\hfil \an{#3}\hfill\vskip2pt}\nobreak
    \hskip3pt\parbox{2cm}{\vskip2pt \scriptsize\hfil
Waluta~rachunku\hfill \vskip4pt
      \footnotesize \hfil\an{#4}\hfill\vskip2pt}
      }
    }
    \parbox{17.55cm}{\vskip-0.5mm\rule{18cm}{1pt}}
  }
    \sffamily\fontseries{m}\fontshape{n}\selectfont
}

But this results in a small gap between the top border and the gray box
(introduced by the carriage return).

Is there another package that can be used to accomplish this or is there
something missing in \fcolorbox that I could be using?

--
Brent Legge - Support Supervisor
e-Courier Support - ACI Worldwide (MessagingDirect)

email: leggeb at aciworldwide.com
Phone: (780) 424-4922 x364
Fax: (780) 424-4925
Toll Free: 1-800-850-0114

proprietary or non-public information. This information is intended
solely for the designated recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission
and destroy this e-mail. Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon
this information by unintended recipients is prohibited. Any opinions