[texhax] tex source code

David Johnston johnstda at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 27 03:04:22 CEST 2006

Dear sir/madam,

I was wondering if you could provide some technical support please. I am attempting to write a Latex editor in C#, which will essentially output TeX text to a file, ready for subsequent processing. However, an idea occurred to me to make the whole process a lot simpler. Instead of generating the text, and then processing it, what if the complete TeX processing could be somehow integrated into my program, therefore completely bypassing the entire text parsing problem currently plagued by the TeX process. This would eliminate any need to read the text in from a file, eliminate parsing errors, syntax errors, etc. It would be quicker and more stable.

The idea would be to simply generate a DVI or PDF, or PS output directly from my program. To do this, I would need the source code on how TeX converts the .tex file accordingly, and I would need to further think about how to integrate this into my object-oriented structure I have at the moment. Could you please point me in the right direction, in terms of accessing this source code, so that I could do this please? Also, are there any licensing problems due to this approach?

regards,

David