[texhax] Blogs

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jul 18 22:27:46 CEST 2006

  > I wanted, and still want, to be able to put up some decent looking
  > formulas in a blog.

In which format?  I suppose HTML or XML.  In this case I fear that you
have to provide bitmaps because you cannot assume that the fonts you
need are available everywhere.

Bitmaps can be produced by dvipng.  It's certainly worthwhile to try
to process a LaTeX file with tex4ht.  tex4ht can produce HTML or XML
and I suppose that it handles formulas gracefully.

Examples of HTML files produduced by tex4ht from LaTeX sources are

  http://vntex.org (looks awful unless you have Vietnamese fonts installed)

and

  https://xemtex.groups.foundry.supelec.fr/xemtex-web-gb-2-1.html .

However, installing tex4ht is not easy.  You are in luck if you have
a copy of TeXLive.

BTW., I remember vaguely that Michel Goossens did some research about
converting outline fonts to SVG some time ago.  Does anyone knows
more?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25