[texhax] (no subject)

Zalman Rubinstein zalman at math.haifa.ac.il
Sun Jul 9 10:08:57 CEST 2006

Dear Sirs,

I am a TUG member and have a technical question in Plain TeX programming.

I am a Plain TeX user ans while writing a macro for mathematical thesis typing I have encountered the following problem:

I have a string of tokens:

that is the string \t contains tokens and accasionally the pair "xy" appears side by side.

I need to modify the string \t as to erase from each couple  "xy" either the token "x" or the token "y". The rest should remain unchanged.

That is I nead to store in a token register, say \tt the token

I would appreciate any help you can provide and/or referal to somebody who can help with the plain TeX problem.

Thank you,

Zalman Rubinstein, University of Haifa